Thursday, August 27, 2009

To sleep or not to sleep?!

We have so much fun playing during the day and the kids are worn out by dinner time. Yet, somehow, my kids end up in my bed around 6:30 am. This has been a new thing in the past week. Abby is in her big girl bed, which is new, but I miss her sleeping so well in her crib. She also hasn't learned how to get out of her bed, so she wakes up around 6-6:30 and starts to whine and call daddy. So he gets up and goes and gets her and brings her back into our bed, where she falls asleep again 70% of the time and the other 30%, she wants to watch cartoons. Then there's Chase...he used to sleep till 8:00 am, or later and now he wakes up around 6:45-7:00 ish and comes into our bed, to finish his nights sleep. Are my kids the only ones that do this? As for right now, it is ok, I don't mind it too much, but when the baby comes, I don't need extra noise and commotion in the room. I do however like 'my' time in the morning to get ready. That is my time for quiet, undisturbed time for just 'me.' Any suggestions on what to do?!

Someone was too tired to make it to bed. Abby finished lunch and this is how far she made it downstairs.

What a sweet little sleeper!

Eating snack...what a face!

All the kids play so well, I can't complain

The girls are best buddies

I painted their toe nails and they were giggling while letting the dry.

They love to play sports. A perfect buddy for Chase!

Taking turns kicking the ball in the goal

When one stroller won't do....use two!

Mommies in the making!!

Photobucket Photobucket


Erin said...

Alex does it to. She wakes up at like 6:30 or 7 comes into our bed and sleeps tell 9. I don't mind it cause then I get to sleep in or check emails and get stuff done while she sleeps. Heck sometimes I get to shower in peace.

But I am with you . . when the baby comes I don't need that . .

Hopefully they will just sleep longer but its harder when winter is here and it gets so dark so early.

Brandi said...

How cute is that picture of her on the stairs. Landon doesn't sleep very well in his crib but in our bed he will sleep all night long.

Meant to be a mom said...

Those pics of Abbi on the stairs are adorable.
Your so right though. You don't need the extra noise and commotion when you have the baby. I don't know what to suggest other than some tough love of forcing them to stay in there beds. But that just seems hard to do. Hmmm? I always had my big brother(2years older) who turned the tv on in the morning and we would lay in front of it with our pillows until mom and dad got up. Otherwise I probably would have woken mine up too.

Mommy3 said...

Wonderful Pictures. Don't have any advice on the sleeping issues...mine never did the come to our bed thing. But oh the pictures! The kids are super cute together. And I love Abby's little outfit she had on in these. :)

Stephanie said...

I totally know the kids in your bed feeling! Most times Allie wakes up I just want her to go back to sleep so we throw her in the bed with us just to get that accomplished. I know how it is with a baby coming too though. When Caleb was that way and I was pregnant with Allie I just had to let him stay in there..he cried a few times but eventually figured out that he wasn't coming in bed with us and went back to sleep. It was a hard few mornings but it worked out in the end.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...